Blacklisted or Struggling to get Vehicle Finance?
Earnacar has a simple Rent to own Solution for you
- If you have proof of income,
- Can make a minimum upfront payment of approximately R 16,500 (For admin fee and First month rental)
- Make a monthly payment of between R 3000 and R5000
- Meet our simple requirements
You can own one of our vehicles in as little as 54 months
“Your Credit History will not affect your application
or ability to get a vehicle from Earnacar”
“All our rent to own deals offer great value for money”
With Earnacar you get:
- Fixed rental payment
- No hidden costs
- To terminate rental agreement with one months notice
- Part of monthly rental is cash which may be paid back to you to spend as you like, if your account is up to date
- An amount of your monthly rental will be kept aside to assist you to service and maintain your vehicle
- Comprehensive accident cover
- Vehicle Tracking
- Comprehensive vehicle warranty cover to give you peace of mind
- Vehicle breakdown and roadside assistance
The answer you’ve been looking for
Earn-a-car’s simple and practical solution has been helping customers get back in the driving seat in no time.
Below you will find a list of frequently asked questions, which are sure to put your mind at ease.
▶ How do I earn my car?
- For every successful payment you make, you’ll receive at least R300 cash back to use at the end of your contract term. You can use it to buy your vehicle, as a down payment on another vehicle or simply cash it in and spoil yourself.
▶ Is the administration fee refundable?
- The administration fee is not refundable, however, it may be used towards buying your vehicle from Earn-a-car at the end of your contract period.
▶ How long does it take before I own my own car?
- You can own your car as quickly as you like. Our shortest Rental Period is 54 months, but depending on your financial situation you can take ownership of your car sooner. It all depends on what you can afford.
▶ Can I buy my car earlier than the agreed on finance period?
- Yes. If you would like to buy your car earlier than initially agreed on, a purchase price will be calculated for you with your cash back reward built into the price.
▶ Can I cancel my agreement with Earn-a-car?
- Yes. We don’t tie you in. Because our deals are flexible, you can own your car in your own time or cancel your agreement by giving a calendar month’s notice. If you choose to cancel your agreement, you will lose your initial down payment.
▶ Is the vehicle roadworthy?
- Yes. We never compromise on safety, which is why all our vehicles are roadworthy and rented in the best possible condition. For your own protection as well as ours, we’ll provide you with proof of your vehicle’s original condition upfront in your contract.
▶ What is covered in the comprehensive warrantee?
- Our comprehensive warrantee is subject to your contract with Earn-a-car. It requires your account to be up to date, the vehicle to be properly maintained and serviced regularly. In order for your warranty to be effective, we require you to disclose any issue regarding the vehicle within 30 days of the issue taking place.For a detailed outline of what is covered, click here.
▶ Who is responsible for servicing the car?
- In order to ensure the manufacturer and Earn-a-car’s warranties are not breached, you need to service your vehicle at least once every 10 000km, or as required by the manufacturer. Although service costs are for your own account, you can use your Service Support savings towards servicing your vehicle. Keep in mind that normal wear and tear, servicing and maintenance items such as tyres, brakes etc. are not covered by a warranty claim.
▶ What is Service Support?
- In order to help you save for a rainy day and manage any unexpected costs, a minimum of R250 is set aside each month for you to use towards servicing your vehicle. If you want to put away a little extra, you can increase your Service Support savings by, say, R100 extra each month or whatever makes it work for you.
▶ What must I do in the event of an accident, theft, fire or loss?
- In the event of an accident, Earn-a-car’s accident management and support will guide you every step of the way. In order to ensure your accident indemnity and warranty is valid, make sure your account is up to date and in good standing. Report the incident immediately to the Earn-a-car 24 hour emergency response centre on 079 128 7818. The number is on your vehicle’s licence disc so you do not have to worry about remembering it. Depending on the nature and severity of the accident, Earn-a-car will send an ambulance, notify your family of the accident, arrange for the car to be towed and/or have the car repaired.In the event of theft, report the theft to your nearest police station. Failure to do so will result in the insurance claim not being paid out.
▶ How does the accident management and emergencies work?
- In the event of an accident, you can contact us on our 24 hour emergency response number, 079 128 7818. In association with Matrix, your monthly payments include vehicle tracking, immobilisation and emergency response management.For a full list of what the Vehicle breakdown assistance covers, click here.
▶ If I have an accident, are there any excess fees?
- In the event of an accident, you will be required to pay an excess fee and your monthly payments may also be affected.The excess you will need to pay:
- First accident: your excess will be R2 500 or 5% of the damage, whichever is the higher amount.
- Second accident: your excess will be R5 000 or 10% of the damage, whichever is higher, and your monthly payments will increase.
- Vehicle write-off: your earn-a-car loyalty scheme rental contract period will be extended by 12 months, and your monthly payments will increase.
▶ If I have an accident, will Earn-a-car give me a loan vehicle?
- In the event of an accident, Earn-a-car will provide you with a loan vehicle while your vehicle is in for repairs. In order to ensure you are not left without transportation, you will need to select this option when signing your contract.
▶ How do I ensure I stay in good standing with Earn-a-car?
- Service and maintain your car regularly with an RMI accredited workshop or Agents as indicated at the time of signing your contract. Make sure your personal information is up to date and let us know if anything changes as soon as possible. Drive safely, obeying the rules of the road at all time. And always pay your monthly payments on time.
▶ How are monthly payments processed?
- All payments are made through a debit order that is set up when you sign up for one of our deals. Payments are made on a monthly basis, in advance. If you’ve bought your vehicle in the middle of the month, we will work out the best pro rata rate for you. Therefore, your first full payment will only be on the 1st of the upcoming month. Keep in mind that if your vehicle is in for repairs, servicing or maintenance work, you still need to make your monthly payments in order to ensure your account is in good standing.
▶ Can I “trade down” if I can’t afford my monthly payments anymore?
- Yes. If you are experiencing financial difficulties, you can trade down to a vehicle that is more within your price range. There is a process that needs to be followed when trading down a vehicle. A motivational letter will need to be provided for the trade down request. Trade downs are subject to approval.
▶ What happens if I can’t make my monthly payment?
- f you can’t make your payment, contact us immediately on (011) 425 1666 during normal office hours. Do not simply let the debit order bounce. If you do, we will immobilise your car and collect it at your cost.. Rather return it to us before this happens.In terms of your contract, if you fall behind in your payments and cancel your contract with us, you will still be liable for the payments up to and including your notice period (1 calendar month), so that we may sell the car to someone else.
If we have sold the car to someone else during your notice period, we will charge you pro-rata for the time the vehicle wasn’t earning an income.
If you follow all these procedures and your account is in good standing, we will recommend you for credit and you may buy another vehicle from Earn-a-car in the future.
▶ If I default on a payment, can I restore my relationship with Earn-a-car at a later stage?
- If you show good faith there is no reason you can’t restore your relationship with Earn-a-car. If you bring your payments up to date, we will help you earn another vehicle. Should there be a difference in admin fee from your previous rental contract and the vehicle you now choose to take, the difference in admin as well as the pro-rata on the new vehicle will need to be paid before another vehicle is issued. Once all your payments are up to date, you will once again be in good standing. It is important to remember that if you fail to make your monthly payments, you will loose your accident and breakdown cover as well as your comprehensive warrantee.
▶ Are there any remote location or collection fees?
- Yes. We charge a remote location fee. Any contract concluded where you work or reside outside a radius of 300km of this office will attract a R2 500 remote location fee. Any contract concluded where you work or reside outside a radius of 400km of this office will attract a R5 000 remote location fee. Collections less than this distance are currently charged at R1 500
▶ Does Earn-a-car need access to the car?
- Yes. If you work in a place that has controlled or restricted parking, we will need a letter from your company giving us permission to access to the vehicle.
▶ How much mileage can I do?
- A mileage limit of 3 000km per month applies. If you go over the monthly limit, you will be charged R1 per kilometre, unless you’ve made other arrangements with Earn-a-car.
▶ Toll Fees for SANRAL?
- You are responsible for all e-toll fees. In order to ensure you get the benefit of fitting your car with an e-tag, which allows you to earn up to 48% discount on tolling and a R450 monthly cap, you need to purchase your own e-tag and link it to your vehicle’s registration number. You can do this at any SANRAL Customer Care Centre. If you do not get an e-tag, any tolls incurred will be redirected to you, and a R150 administration fee will be charged.
▶ What happens if I get a traffic fine?
- All fines, licensing and e-tolls etc. are for your own account. For your own safety, we encourage you to follow the rules of the road at all times. All our vehicles are under constant GPS surveillance and reckless driving will be penalised. Your monthly payments will increase for as long as bad driving continues. Remember, negligent driving has serious consequences. Not only could it affect accident indemnity and warranty claims, it could result in criminal charges.